We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) seeking to provide dynamic worship, engaging programming and outreach in the name of Jesus Christ within a caring, inclusive community.
Our mission statement: Inspiring Disciples...Engaging the World
best exemplifies the simple, yet profound goals we have as a community of faith.
- Our Reformed/Presbyterian theological tradition affirms that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. The Church's life and mission are a joyful participation in Christ's ongoing life and work.
- We believe that Christ is present with the Church in both Spirit and Word. Christ gives to the Church its faith and life, its unity and mission, its order and discipline.
- Scripture teaches us Christ's Will for the church. We hold both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be, by the Holy Spirit, the unique and authoritative witness to Jesus Christ.
- We affirm with the earliest Christians that Jesus is Lord, and we confess that he is the Church's hope, and that the Church, as Christ's body, is bound to his authority and thus frees us to live in the lively, joyous reality of the grace of God.
- In Christ's name, therefore, the Church is sent out to bear witness to the good news of reconciliation with God, with others, and with all creation. This is the calling for all of us as disciples of Jesus Christ.
As we live out our calling as disciples of Jesus Christ, we participate in the Great Ends of the Church:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
To learn more about Presbyterian beliefs, you are encouraged to attend worship and educational opportunities at First Presbyterian Church. In addition, visit Presbyterian 101 to learn more about the foundations of our faith.