Christmas Toy Store
Our third annual Christmas Toy Store to families with children 5th grade and younger who have been involved in ministries through Community Crossroads will be on Saturday, December 9th in the FPC gym. Parents sign up in advance (for a small fee) and shop at the store (for each child, they select 2 toys, a book, socks and underwear and then 1 family game). The store offers the parents both dignity and choice in selecting gifts for their children.
How You Can Help:
- SHOP. Look for the manger scene outside the Great Hall and in the Narthex on the Sundays in November. Select a “star” containing the child’s age and gender for you to purchase item(s) for that child. Bring your unwrapped gifts back to the manger scene toy receptacle on November 26th and December 3rd. Purchase and donate items from the following list:
- New books for kids 5th grade and younger
- Family games for children 5th grade and younger
- 2 toys per child (please do not spend more than $40 per toy; a printed suggestion list for age appropriate toys will be available)
- GIVE. Not a shopper? Give gift cards and check donations (memo line: Christmas Toy Store 2017); other church members who love to shop can purchase more gifts to stock our store.
- VOLUNTEER. We need volunteers to set up the store on Friday, December 8 during the day and to volunteer on Saturday, December 9 in shifts. We especially need Spanish speakers on Saturday! To volunteer, contact Mary Kay Roberto or Donna Laminack.