At the heart and soul of the Youth Ministry are regular study and service opportunities. Associate Pastor for Youth, Josh Stewart, and youth leaders seek to provide a fun and exciting environment for students in middle and high school to grow together in Christ Jesus. Youth Group is a place where all are welcomed, loved, and accepted for who they are, a place where they are free to be their true selves, and a place to eat together and laugh a lot as we all seek to serve God and our neighbors!
6th Grade Open House
All 6th graders, their parents, and any one else new to youth group are invited to an Open House hosted by High School Bible Study on Wednesday, September 6 from 7-8 p.m. in the Youth Center. Come to learn more about youth group, a few youth games, and enjoy some treats together. Questions? Contact Josh Stewart.
Youth Group Weekly Schedule
*This is a tentative schedule and is subject to change before our fall semester begins. Changes will be posted.
10 a.m. Middle School Church School Class (Room 105)
10 a.m. High School Church School Class (Youth Center)
3:30-4:30 p.m. Messengers Youth Choir (Room 244)
4:30-5:30 p.m. Middle School Youth Group (Youth Center)
4:30-5:30 p.m. High School "Study Hall" (Youth Atrium)
5:30-6 p.m. All Youth Dinner (Youth Center)
6-7 p.m. High School Youth Group (Youth Center)
6-7 p.m. Middle School Bell Choir (Room 245)
High School Bible Study from 7:30-8:30 p.m. (off campus)
Annual Youth Events
In addition to weekly activities, FPC offers many fun events throughout the year sure to encourage, educate, inspire, and excite our youth. Here's a sampling of past events:
- Fall Kick-off Party
- Mission Trips (regional, international)
- Beginning of the School-Year Kickoff Party
- Ping Pong & Dodge Ball Tournaments
- Middle School YouthQuake-West at Glen Lake Camp
- Senior High Youth Connection at Austin College
- Christmas Party for the Blind of Tarrant County
- Ski Trips
- Mo-Ranch Youth Conferences
Stay connected with youth events and news using the Remind app for text/email reminders:
- Subscribe via Text: Text the message @fpcfwyouth to the number 81010. If that does not work, try texting @fpcfwyouth to 817-591-2543.
- Subscribe via Notifications to Smart Phone/Device: On your smart-phone/device, open the web browser and go to rmd.at/fpcfwyouth. Follow instructions to sign up for Remind and download the mobile app.
- Subscribe via Email: Go here on a computer to sign up for email notifications.
In addition to internal FPC scholarships, there is now also a funding source now available to all Grace Presbytery youth through the Prairie Valley Legacy Committee. Families may choose to apply for summer trip scholarships by May 1, and the Prairie Valley Legacy scholarship (depending upon how many people apply) may cover up to 50% of the cost for camps and conferences, including:
- SHYC (Senior High Youth Connection) at Austin College
- Youthquake at Glen Lake Camp
- Mission Trip to the Urban Mission Camp at Government Street Presbyterian Church in Alabama
- MO-Ranch Youth Celebration
- JHaMS (Junior High and Middle School) at Austin College
- MO-Ranch Summer Camp Sessions
To apply please print and return this form to Jayne McFarland in the church office.
For more information about Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church, please email Associate Pastor for Youth, Rev. Joshua Stewart or call 817.335.1231, ext. 251.