Journeys is a new quarterly publication offered by First Presbyterian Church’s Spiritual Formation Subcommittee as a tool to encourage spiritual growth and discipline.
In each issue, you'll find:
- Book recommendations on the theme
- Suggestions for how to practice the theme
- First Presbyterian Church opportunities related to the theme
- Retreat suggestions
- Where to go in the area for spiritual formation practices
- A printable "gift" with a scripture verse or quote for you to cut out and use
If you have any questions about Journeys or have ideas for submissions, please contact Kristin Glass.
"Rest: Keeping the Sabbath" is the theme of this issue of Journeys. Read about ways to honor the spiritual discipline of keeping the Sabbath through rest, play, reflection, study and more. Join in the discussion about keeping Sabbath, share your own thoughts on the Journeys Blog.
"Teach Us to Pray" is the theme of this issue of Journeys. Read about the discipline of prayer, several ways you can practice prayer, and discover places and events at which you can experience and practice prayer.
The "Discipline of Celebration" - the practice of which is key to a full spiritual life - is the theme of this issue of Journeys. Read about why we celebrate, ways to practice the discipline, and discover places and events at which you can experience celebration.