The Penn Street campus of First Presbyterian Church is a large one. Our building was built in two phases, so part of the campus is "original" while part is "new," and there are multiple entrances to choose from depending on your intended location. If you're planning to visit FPC for the first time, you may find the following tips for getting around helpful. View the full map or find your reason for visiting for specific directions.
I'm coming to worship.
- For the 8 a.m. service, enter through the door marked "Chapel" at the north end of the campus (when looking at the buildings, almost all the way to the right).
- For the 9 a.m. service, enter through the set of doors under the covered drive at the south end of the campus (when looking at the building, almost all the way to the left).
- For the 11 a.m. service, enter through the main Sanctuary doors at the center of the campus (when looking at the building, in the middle of the buildings).
I need to drop my child off at the nursery, then proceed to worship or an Adult Church School Class.
Please enter through the doors marked "Parlor." Walk to the end of the hall, make a right at the bulletin board, then an immediate left. The nursery rooms, clearly marked, are located on the left side of the hallway. You may then find your way to your desired location per these directions:
- If attending the 9 a.m. service in the Great Hall, continue down the childcare hallway, taking the next hallway to the left. At the next intersection, pass the small couches. Take the elevator on your right to the third floor. Take a right out of the elevator and the Great Hall will be at the end of the concourse, just to the left.
- If attending the 11 a.m. service in the Sanctuary, follow the same directions given above. The entrance to the Sanctuary, however, is directly across from the Great Hall and welcome desk.
- To find adult church school classes, continue down the childcare hallway, taking the next hallway to the left. At the next intersection, pass the small couches. Continue past the elevator. Adult classrooms are located in this area on the second floor.
I am visiting the Early Education Center.
If you are visiting the Early Education Center, open Monday-Friday, please:
- Press the call box at the door marked "Parlor" (to the left of the Sanctuary and doors marked "Office").
- Give your name and reason for visit before being buzzed in to the building (a safety measure to protect our children).
- Once inside, take the first left.
- The EEC main office will be on your left, just past the staircase.
Please Note: Due to regulations that apply to licensed child-care centers, firearms, hunting knives, and other weapons are prohibited on the premises of the child-care center (see Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers, TX DFPS Licensing Division, section 746.3707).
I am meeting a staff person for a meeting during regular business hours.
If you are visiting a pastor, staff person, or someone else in the main office, please:
- Enter through the doors marked "Offices" (just to the right of the Sanctuary).
- For the safety of our children in the building, you will need to press the call box and give your name and reason for your visit to the receptionist before being buzzed in.
- Proceed up the staircase.
- The main office and receptionist desk is located at the top of these stairs, and someone will be there to direct you if needed.
Ample parking is available at FPC. There is a lot directly across from the main buildings as well as one just north of Texas Street. Please note that parking is not allowed within 20 feet of crosswalks. We ask that you watch for posted signage and park clear of crosswalks so that pedestrians and those mobility impaired can cross safely.